6 Reasons Not to Miss the Oak Street Summer Shop-Around on June 18
The sun is shining, the flowers are in full bloom and your favorite shopping and dining district is alive with the excitement of summer in Chicago.
But now you have one more reason to plan a leisurely day of fun in the Gold Coast: the Oak Street Summer Shop-Around on Thursday, June 18th from 10am to 6pm.
1. Help the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
We’re proud to announce that this year’s event will benefit the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC), the #1-ranked rehabilitation hospital in the country. 21 of the wonderful Oak Street businesses will donate 10% of the entire day’s proceeds directly to the RIC. These donations will help the award-winning hospital help treat patients and further innovative research for spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease, stroke recovery, amputations, neurological disorders and more.
2. You Could Win Big!
When you register to attend the Oak Street Summer Shop-Around, you’ll be automatically entered into our VIP raffle. This is no ordinary raffle – the fabulous prize list includes luxury hotel stays, 5-star restaurant gift certificates, and tickets to the city’s top theatre performances, just to name a few.
3. Dine Deliciously
It’s no secret that Oak Street is home to some of the city’s finest dining experiences, but when you attend this special event, you’ll have the chance to take advantage of exclusive offers just for Summer Shop-Around guests at the award-winning Del Frisco’s Steakhouse and acclaimed Mediterranean restaurant, Fig & Olive.
4. Take a Mini Staycation
No matter how long you’ve lived in Chicago, it’s always nice to take a mini staycation in one of the most luxurious hotels in the most beautiful neighborhood in the best city in the world. That’s why our friends at the Four Seasons, PUBLIC and Thompson Hotels are offering Summer Shop-Around guests exclusive room packages for the night of June 18th.
5. Entertainment Abounds
The amazing offers and specials are just part of the fun – guests will also be dazzled by a wide variety of entertainment. Here’s a sample of the activities you won’t want to miss:
• Tequila tastings
• Champagne toasts
• Sips and snacks
• Sidewalk modeling
• Live DJ
• Free photobooth
• Complimentary palm and tarot card readings
• Luxury automobile showcase
6. Shopping Surprises
Almost every business that’s participating is offering guests a little something extra in addition to their generous donation to RIC. Here are a few of our favorites:
• Agent Provocateur is offering a free gift with purchase, plus a raffle for a free bra and bottom.
• Buccellati will be serving champagne and sweets.
• At Escada, expect to see male models serving champagne.
• Harry Winston is offering an exclusive preview of the 2015 Basel Watch Collection and serving champagne and small bites.
• Enjoy MK Restaurant cocktail creations at Ike Behar.
• Kate Spade will be serving up special Kate Spade cookies & drinks.
• Lanvin shoppers will enjoy complimentary refreshments.
• Maje will be serving refreshing mango margaritas from 312Spirits.
• At Perfect Setting, get a free Vietri cocktail platter with every $150 purchase.
• Sip champagne all afternoon at VINCE.
7. It’s FREE!
Here’s the best news: the Oak Street Summer Shop-Around is free to attend! But if you know you’re coming, we encourage you to register in advance in order to be entered into the raffle.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Here’s a full list of the stores that will donate 10% of proceeds to RIC:
- Agent Provocateur (47 E. Oak, 312-335-0229)
- Alexis Bittar (61 E. Oak, 312-649-9112)
- Buccellati (62 E. Oak, 312-600-9224)
- CH Carolina Herrera ( 70 E. Oak, 312-988-9339)
- David Yurman (40 E. Oak, 312-787-7779)
- Escada (51 E. Oak, 312-915-0500)
- Frye (1007 N. Rush, 312-642-3793)
- Graff (103 E. Oak, 312-604-1000)
- Harry Winston (55 E. Oak, 312-705-1820)
- Ike Behar (67 E. Oak, 312-624-9257)
- Kate Spade (56 E. Oak, 312- 654-8853)
- Lanvin (116 E. Oak, 312-765-7075)
- Lester Lampert (57 E. Oak, 312-944-6888)
- Maje (104 E. Oak, 312-649-9228)
- Paul Stuart (107 E. Oak, 312-640-2650
- Perfect Setting (67 E. Oak, 312-202-1260)
- Sararose (67 E. Oak, 773-654-3421)
- Scoop NYC (1009 N. Rush, 312-649-9880
- VINCE (106 E. Oak, 312-280-6890)
- VMR (34 E. Oak, 7th floor, 312-649-6673)
- Zadig & Voltaire (114 E. Oak, 312-643-1240)