Chicago Restaurant Week 2016 on Oak Street
The most magical time of the year is here… no, not the holidays nor wedding season…
Chicago is a foodie’s paradise 365 days of the year and is quickly becoming one of the top culinary destinations in the world, but the annual Restaurant Week celebration is truly a special time to enjoy the best cuisine that the city has to offer.
It’s actually a 2-week long food-fueled fête (January 22 – February 4, 2016) that includes over 350 amazing restaurants offering special prix fixe menus ranging from $22 to $44. And the best part is that a few of our very own Oak Street restaurants are participating. So mark your calendars, make your reservations and get ready to chow down!
Fig & Olive
This seasonal Mediterranean gem is offering special Restaurant Week menus for both lunch ($22) and dinner ($44). Here are a few highlights to get your mouth watering…
- Butternut Squash & Chestnut Soup – Roasted butternut squash, shaved chestnut, onion, toasted squash seed with Arbequina Olive Oil
- Penne Funghi Tartufo – Cremini and truffle mushroom, parmesan, parsley, scallion, White Truffle Olive Oil
- Chestnut Mousse with Amarena Cherry – Served with walnut meringue, cherry sorbet and Amarena cherry coulis
It should be no surprise that the iconic Chicago steakhouse is getting in on the citywide culinary event. They’ll be featuring a special 3- course dinner menu for $44 a person which includes:
- Mini crabmeat avocado appetizer
- House salad or soup of the day
- Bone-in filet medallions with king crab Béarnaise with truffle whipped potatoes and roasted baby carrots
This acclaimed modern American pub and restaurant will be showing off with a dinner menu ($44 per person) that was created especially for Chicago Restaurant Week.
- Gotham Greens Lyonnaise Salad with fresh, local greens, soft-boiled egg, pork belly and toasted brioche croutons
- Braised short rib with sweet potato puree, winter root vegetables and braising jus
- Parisian hot chocolate with shortbread cookies
Allium at The Four Seasons
For a taste of classic American fare with a locally-sourced spin, be sure to make dinner reservations at The Four Seasons so you can enjoy their $44 special menu.
- Charcuterie plate with spicy mustard, kohlrabi, kale, aged goat cheese and Marcona almond
- Ora King Salmon with maitake mushroom, salsify and red wine
- Chocolate Sorbet with crème Chantilly and fresh raspberries
If you’ve never been to this much-admired Italian star among Chicago restaurants, then now is the perfect time to stop in for their $22 Restaurant Week lunch menu or $44 dinner menu so you can try a few of these delicious dishes…
- Roasted and raw beets with shaved fennel, whipped ricotta, chestnut honey
- Campanelle with confit duck, hen of the woods mushroom, leeks, Parmigiano Reggiano
- Slagel Farm pork shoulder with roasted peppers, polenta, Miele Thun chestnut honey and radish
- Panna cotta with vanilla-poached apricots
Pump Room at Public Chicago
Tell your special someone that you’re taking them somewhere swanky for date night and reserve your spot for the delectable dinner menu ($44) Pump Room has thoughtfully put together.
- Roasted carrot and avocado salad with crunchy seeds, sour cream and citrus vinaigrette
- Fresh linguine, caramelized brussel sprouts and basil-pistachio pesto
- Salted caramel ice cream sundae with candied peanuts, popcorn, whipped cream, chocolate sauce
Coq D’or at The Drake
Drop by this classic old Chicago haunt for a 1930s bar feel and perfectly-done, upscale bar food with a modern twist. Their Restaurant Week lunch menu is just $22 a person.
- Seasonal soup
- Roasted leg of lamb sandwich
- Shrimp and fried clam po’ boy
Do something nice for yourself (and someone you love) and visit this dining institution during Restaurant Week for a real culinary treat. Their lunch menu is $22 and the dinner menu is $44.
- Classic Caesar salad
- Filet medallions with thin green beans, chateau potatoes and Bordelaise sauce
- Pan-roasted chicken with chateau potatoes and chicken jus
- Warm banana bread pudding with caramel sauce and fresh whipped cream
Don’t miss this opportunity to try the very best of Chicago’s best French-Vietnamese fusion experience at lunchtime ($22) or the dinner hour ($44).
- Cha Gio – Crisp, fried spring rolls with shrimp, pork, & Asian mushrooms with chili lime dipping sauce
- Tom Xao Sate – Sautéed jumbo shrimp, asparagus, onions & scallions in a light sauce of sate spice, chili & garlic
- Chocolate Mousse Cake – Layers of chocolate cake & mousse, with crème Anglaise & Swiss raspberry sauce
Nico Osteria at The Thompson
Schedule a lunch at this authentic Italian seafood restaurant that calls The Thompson home to try some of these plates…
- Roman friend artichokes
- Trofie pasta with guanciale, oven-roasted tomato and parmesan
- Anise and almond gelato
Voted one of the “Best Hotel Restaurants in the World”, NoMi Kitchen has a delicious lunch offer for $22, including:
- Lobster bisque with mango, pak choi, rouille
- Beet gnocchi with goat cheese crumbles, winter baby vegetables and caramelized walnuts
- Huckleberry Mousse Bombe – Meyer lemon puree, coriander financier, coconut gel candied coconut and caramelized pear
This old school Italian restaurant is as Chicago as it gets, so of course they’re participating in Restaurant Week with some of their most loved specialties for lunch and dinner.
- Italian Wedding soup
- Homemade pappardelle
- Veal Milanese
- Sea salt caramel gelato
Tavern on Rush
And last, but certainly not least, is the ever popular hotspot that serves up contemporary American dishes with an upscale touch, serving both lunch and dinner price fixe menus during Restaurant Week.
- Pear & Gorgonzola Steak Salad with endive, baby frisée, grilled hanger steak and hazelnut dressing
- Tavern Mixed Grill with Filet Mignon & Scottish Salmon – Spinach & feta mashed potatoes with caramelized sweet onion demi-glace
- Gold Coast Organic Carrot Cake – Cream cheese frosting and walnuts.