With Valentine’s Day coming so soon after the holidays, it can be a challenge to think of what to give that special someone on the day that celebrates your love. You gave them the absolute perfect Christmas gift but now you’re completely out of ideas.
Don’t fear, the gifting experts of Oak Street are here! We’ve searched our amazing shops to come up with this curated list of perfect presents for guys and gals and we’re sure you’ll find something here that fits the bill.
Wants Over Needs
On other occasions it may be OK to give the one you love something useful and practical but Valentine’s Day is not that occasion. The best gift is something special that they don’t need at all but that they’ll surely want the moment they lay eyes on it.
For the Girls
- Nothing says love like a timelessly stylish Hermes scarf that she’ll treasure forever.
- A beautiful fragrance is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift – try Portrait of a Lady if her style is classic and romantic or Gypsy Water if she’s more modern and independent.
- You can never go wrong with a stylish handbag from the Italian fashion masters at Prada and either of these two lovely pieces would make her eyes light up.
For the Guys
- When your man smells great it’s really a gift for you both, so this luxuriously presented fragrance and shower gel set is a win-win.
- Even the most modern of men rely on old-school style touches and no stylish man can do without a Hermes pocket square that gives the perfect pop of color to the right suit.
- If your special guy loves a hand of poker with his mates, he’ll adore you for giving him this classy leather playing card kit from Prada that includes a buttery-soft leather case and 3 sets of cards.
Make it Personal
While an intimate gift might not always be the right thing, you better believe that it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. On this day, your better half will certainly be happy to receive a gorgeous gift that could only come from the one you love.
For the Girls
- You can never go wrong with a pretty package that contains something sexy and sumptuous that you’ll both enjoy from La Perla.
- There’s a reason that sparkling jewels are such a popular choice for Valentine’s Day gifts – they’re the ideal way to show that she’s special to you. But unless you’re proposing, we suggest going for pieces like these Harry Winston earrings or Lester Lampert and Buccellati bracelets instead of a ring.
For the Guys
- The manliest of men enjoy luxurious underthings every once in a while but they may not buy them for themselves, so your man will definitely appreciate something indulgent like this satin robe from Paul Stuart
- Guys may not shout about their love of bling like the ladies but no stylish man could deny the draw of a sleek Dolce & Gabbana watch or a pair of cool, meteorite cufflinks from David Yurman.
This Valentine’s Day we suggest starting with a candlelit dinner and ending by sliding one of these exquisite presents across the table as tell them how in words and tokens just how much they mean to you.