Visit Chicago Safely with Enhanced Safety Protocols in Oak Street District
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, the luxury properties in the Oak Street District are thrilled to welcome back guests to enjoy the finest in Chicago accommodations. All properties have enhanced safety and sanitation protocols, which may change as state and local recommendations evolve. Also, please note that Chicago currently requires a 14-day quarantine for those traveling from states with a current surge in COVID-19 cases. The list of states changes regularly, so please check with your property before your visit. The following is a partial list of some of the health and safety protocols currently in place at the Oak Street District’s luxury properties.
Hyatt properties. There are three luxury properties in Oak Street District under the Hyatt brand: The Thompson Chicago, the Talbott Hotel, and the Park Hyatt Chicago.
- Thompson Chicago is a unique luxury property in an extraordinary setting, nestled among charming historic homes and luxury boutiques on a lush, tree-lined street. Its rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows where you can take in the exquisite beauty of the Oak Street District, as well as an exceptional décor in a visually delightful palette. Luxury-level hospitality service is a proud tradition at the Thompson.
- The Talbott Hotel is a boutique property in a one-of-a-kind historic building from the jazz age of Chicago. Featuring award-winning service, exceptional dining, and luxury rooms with waterfall showers, plush beds and linens, and warm, pleasing décor, you’ll find an exceptional home-away-from-home experience at the Talbott.
- The Park Hyatt Chicago is the epitome of luxury. The first Park Hyatt property to be established, this iconic hotel provides luxury residential-style rooms and suites with a sophisticated atmosphere. With fabulous views, world-class luxury service, and exceptional dining, the Park Hyatt Chicago delivers the finest in luxury accommodations.
All three properties are open and ready to delight guests with a strong focus on safety and wellbeing. This goes to the core purpose of hospitality at Hyatt: “We care for people so they can be their best.” In the COVID-19 environment, this caring runs deep and is woven into detail along the guest journey.
The brand offers a Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment, an enhanced cancellation policy, and extended benefits for the World of Hyatt loyalty program. In addition to enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols, some onsite safety initiatives include:
- Face masks are required indoors in public areas and while moving through outdoor areas.
- Masks and social distancing are required in the pool area, which also has limited hours.
- Dining and bar services are available with limited service.
- Face masks and social distancing are required for the fitness center, which has limited machine availability and a 45-minute use limit.
- At this time, the business center and spa are unavailable for guest use.
- Valet parking service is available during limited hours.
The Viceroy Chicago. The locally-inspired Viceroy Chicago is the ultimate luxury. Its exquisite rooms in this 1920s-era building feature bold interiors and luxury details, all nestled in a vibrant landscape setting that celebrates art and the beauty of the design. The Viceroy Chicago is a part of the Viceroy Icon Collection, with properties that feature personalized guest attention, dramatic landscapes, and experiences that are beyond lavish. In accordance with the Viceroy’s Promise of Cleanliness health and safety plan, initiatives to keep guests and staff safe include:
- Face masks are required in all guest areas.
- Physical distancing is facilitated by marked surfaces and enhanced furniture layouts.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the front desk and throughout the lobby area.
- In-restaurant dining areas provide enhanced table layouts to support physical distancing.
- Cuisine and beverages are available with to-go options.
- All hotel colleagues and vendors will use approved personal protective equipment such as face masks and gloves.
- Flexible cancellation policies are available.
The Waldorf Astoria Chicago. Providing luxury accommodations in a charming classic Parisian atmosphere, the Waldorf Astoria Chicago is the ultimate destination to escape the ordinary. Its elegant guestrooms feature warm, tranquil fireplaces and bathrooms with oversized soaking tubs, and the property boasts some of the finest in French dining by award-winning chefs. With uncompromising luxury service, you can relax and enjoy your stay in one of Chicago’s finest neighborhoods. Initiatives enacted for the safety and wellbeing of all guests and staff include:
- Enhanced sanitation protocols are in place throughout the property, including a 24-hour vacancy period to sanitize rooms between guests.
- Face masks are required in all guest areas.
- Digital check-in service is provided for contact-free arrival.
- Physical distancing protocols are in place throughout the property, including in dining areas.
- Digital menus are available for contact-free ordering.
- Temperature checks and enhanced safety protocols are in place in the spa and fitness center.
The guest service teams at every property in the Oak Street District are excited to welcome back guests, and we hope that you enjoy your stay in these unique luxury properties.
The Oak Street District is home to some of the finest luxury accommodations available in Chicago. Located in the heart of the downtown area, just steps away from Michigan Avenue, Oak Street District is the premier destination for luxury accommodations, superb fine dining, exquisite high-end salon, and spa experiences, and exceptional boutique shopping at the world’s most sought-after fashion houses, blended together to create the finest luxury Chicago experience just for you.